- Key Applications
- Local Support
- About Us
SmartVac Loadbreak Switches
SmartVac Loadbreak Switch (PATENT PENDING)
Vacuum load break switches are installed on virtually every distribution feeder:
- Manual sectionalizing point for radial branch circuits, similar to in-line or cross arm switches
- Mid-point or tie sectionalizing point, similar to motor or manual gang operated air-break switches
- Intelligent automated switching points, utilized with other IEDs in intelligent self-healing networks.
The Trinetics SmartVac vacuum load break switch adapts to each one. With robust thermal and fault withstand capability, manual CLOSE/OPEN capability, solenoid operator for independent-pole or ganged electrical operation, and integral voltage sensors, SmartVac is well suited for integration into your manual or automated applications.
The SmartVac LBS three phase design is assembled from single phase switches. A single bracket can be used for pole mounting, and end-over-end installation can be accommodated when “armless” construction is preferred. If lightning or another catastrophic event damages one pole of the SmartVac switch, the damaged pole can be replaced separately to minimize repair and replacement costs.
The SmartVac LBS is compatible with the SEL-651 control. Integral voltage sensing as well as 48Vdc operating requirements provide “off the shelf” solutions for your applications. Consult Trinetics® if other operating parameters are preferable.
Specify & Quote
- Voltage ratings: 15kV or 24kV
- Load ratings: 630A or 800A (with 1000A overload rating)
- Withstand rating: 12.5kA; 16kA optionally available
- BIL ratings: 110 or 125kV BIL
- Bushings (24kV): 18” terminal to terminal; 19” terminal to ground
- Voltage sensors: optional, internal & external; configurable (by control sensing impedance)
- Operation: Solenoid or manual
- Solenoid: 50/60 Hz, 120VAC or 240VAC
- Mounting provision: 3ph pole bracket or 1ph pole bracket (i.e., for vertical construction)