- Key Applications
- Local Support
- About Us
Home › Products › Capacitor Switches › Synchronous Capacitor Switches › UltraSync Capacitor Switches
UltraSync Capacitor Switches
The UltraSync family of vacuum capacitor switches is “UltraFlexible” and ideal for switching capacitor banks in multi-stage capacitor bank, back-to-back capacitor bank, large banks, or other sensitive system applications where conventional capacitor bank switching causes disruptive disturbances to existing customers or processes. The long life vacuum interrupter combined with solid-dielectric insulation means many years of maintenance free switching. The UltraSync capacitor switch is designed for 110kV, 125kV, and 150kV BIL applications with a current rating of 200A; 400A rating options are also available.
Built on the performance-proven UltraVac Series solid dielectric vacuum interrupter platform, Trinetics UltraSync capacitor switches offer exceptional reliability and durability in synchronous close and zero voltage close applications.
Available as single-pole switches that are electrically configurable for three-phase applications, UltraSync switches deliver zero volt closing within 800 millionths of a second when using the Valquest Z-Cap control.
UltraSync switches provide these and other benefits:
- Mitigate harmonics and switching disturbances that occur in:
- Back-to-back capacitor bank switching
- Large power capacitor bank switching
- Eliminate the material cost and space required for inrush reactors
- Improve capacitor bank reliability
The UltraVac family of vacuum capacitor switches fully conform to ANSI Standard C37.66.
The UltraSync vacuum switch is a solid dielectric, single pole device designed in conformance with ANSI C37.66. The switch is constructed using a high performance vacuum interrupter inside a cycloaliphatic epoxy resin pole. The UltraSync switch is available in single-phase configurations, for use in synchronous close/zero voltage close switched capacitor bank applications with the appropriate control. The UltraSync synchronous closing design has been tested to reliably provide accurate closes on zero volts to within 800 millionths of a second with the Valquest Z- Cap capacitor control.
Key features of the UltraSync synchronous vacuum switches include:
- 15kV, 25kV, and 35kV (grounded wye) ratings
- 200A & 400A ratings
- Best-in-class C2 restrike free rating
- V-bushing design with uniform terminal height
- Optional compact configuration for limited space applications
- Manual open/close operation
- Maintenance-free operation
- 50,000 open/close cycle mechanism for dual solenoid-operated switches
Conventional Capacitor Switching
Syncronous Close Capacitor Switching
Specify & Quote
- Voltage ratings: 15kV or 24kV
- Load ratings: 200A or optional 400A (200A only for 150kV BIL)
- BIL ratings: 110, 125, or 150kV BIL
- Bushings (24kV): 33” terminal to terminal; 30” terminal to ground
- Compact bushings: 18” terminal to terminal; 19” terminal to ground
- Operation: Solenoid or manual
- Motor: 50/60 Hz, 120V
- Mounting provision: NEMA pole mount; optional cross-arm or lug mount
Click a term to initiate a search.